The latest FAC Rule Book is now online. There are very minor changes, all in red text.
- One of the “biggest” changes that there is now no minimum wingspan for Simplified Scale (so your Dimers now qualify for Simplified – although you cannot fly the same model in both events at the same contest).
- Polyspan and similar tissue-like films are permitted, however “plastic” coverings are still prohibited. (You can use mylar – but you must cover it with tissue.)
- A clarification on undercambered airfoils for Scale models – they are permitted where the original had undercamber. They are prohibited where the full scale never had it – and prohibited in Dime, regardless of the original configuration.
- Phantom Flash – minimum weight for “normal” events is 5g. Lighter ARE permitted, if the CD announces a “master” class event without weight restrictions. Both events can be run in one contest.
- Goodyear Races now permit “designed and built for”, not just “flown”.
That’s it! Download the new rules RIGHT HERE (or on the Rules page above on the menu).