Here is an idea that a few of us have been tossing around. It won’t be an official FAC event (or even an official proposed event) unless the ground swell on this is popular. That is: Half Scale Old Timers. Here are some basic guidelines:
Small Field HSOT/OSOT
A fun event for small fields – Half Scale Old Timers (HSOT) and Originally Small Old Timers (OSOT)
HSOT: Any Old Timer (Cabin or Stick) reduced to 50% span
– must have enclosed motors
– Maximum span is 18″
– If your Original was greater than 36″ span, reduce it until it is 18″ or less
– Maintain outlines and proportions
– Ribs and Sticks may be reduced in quantity, if desired.
– if you reduce 2-Bits, they need to be 13″ or less (50%) – not 18″
– props and rubber is your choice.
OSOT: Originally Small Old Timers
– must have enclosed motors (Phantom Flash and the like are not eligible)
– Original Old Timers with 18″ span or less
– built per plan, no reduction or enlargement
– no stick or rib modifications – per plan
– building per plan allows their eligibility in OT Stick, OT Fuse or 2-Bit
Total of Three Flights (TOTF)
– max time is CD’s discretion
The aim of this is to create and Old Timer Fun Event for small fields. Note: Old Timers were built to fly and these will probably still fly away! These will build to Dimer size or Embryo size (to give an idea of accuracy or performance).