This just in from NFFS: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
It is with great regret, that AMA and NFFS today announce that the
current COVID-19 pandemic has forced the cancellation of the Indoor NATs
scheduled for May 27-31, 2020 in Eagar Arizona. We do not anticipate
that there will be a rescheduling of this event in 2020. Anyone that had
already registered WILL be refunded 100% by AMA automatically.
Obviously, the health and safety of contestants is our primary concern
and we will absolutely abide by all federal, state and local guidelines.
Per AMA guidance, NFFS is continuing with PLANNING for the Outdoor Free
Outdoor FF NATs – July 27-31 at Muncie, Indiana
Muncie has a little more infrastructure and the date is far enough out
that we have some time to make the decision. That said, we know that
attendees need to make arrangements so we will make a GO / NO GO
decision on or before June 10th based on conditions and guidance from
all federal, state and local authorities.
We just don’t know the ultimate scope of this pandemic; however, we want
to let facts guide our decisions as best as possible. If you hope to
attend, I encourage you to monitor the current status at
https://amablog.modelaircraft.org/nats/. If you think you will want to
attend, please feel free to register. In the event the NATs needs to be
cancelled, AMA has assured that all registration fees WILL be refunded.
We are trying to make the best decision possible for all concerned and
value your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly at
NFFSPresident@freeflight.org or call me at 312-804-5798.