*** UPDATED 29 JAN 2023 ***
The Official FAC Rule Book is available for download from this page. The Rule Book governs all FAC Contests, local and national. It will always be the most recent and Official version. The Rule Book is on a two-year cycle, with a mid-year revision. The first version of the cycle is the Even Year and the revision is the Odd Year (example 2018-2019). Changes from the previous edition are annotated as follows: BLUE indicates a text edit that does not modify the intent of any rule(s). Such edits are made solely for the purpose of clarifying or condensing text. RED indicates a new rule, or an addition to / modification to an existing rule.
Here are the downloads:
- Click HERE to view / download the Official FAC Rulebook (2023-2024)
HEREto view / download a synopsis of changes in the Official FAC Rulebook (no synopsis for 2022 revision)
- Click HERE to view / download the Official FAC Thompson Race List (V6 – 30 Jan 2019 – no change for 2023)
- Click HERE to view / download the Official FAC Greve Race List (V4 – 29 Jan 2019 – no change for 2023)
- Click HERE if you are having trouble downloading, saving or printing the the FAC Rulebook and these lists
New to the FAC? New to the Rule Book? Here’s a couple of tips to help you sort it out….
First, familiarize yourself with the “Primary Rules”, page 4. These rules apply to ALL CLASSES of FAC models.
Next, figure out what class of model you’re interested in. There are currently seven to choose from. Focus on understanding the rules for that class. Some are more complicated than others.
- FAC Scale
- Total of Three Flight Scale
- Total of Three Flight Non Scale
- Simplified Scale/Dime Scale
- Miscellaneous Timed Events
- Mass Launch Events
Follow the rules, and you’ll be off and…flying!
If you have questions, click HERE to contact Dave Mitchell, Keeper of the Rules
Rule Web Page Changes (Jan 2019 and following):
- In order to provide a common and consistent link to the FAC Rule Book, the downloadable file will be named CURRENTFACRULES.pdf. This will permit people to bookmark the link and always download the most recent copy. The Year and Version are always noted on the cover page.
- Likewise, the following will use the same naming convention: CURRENTSYNOPSIS.pdf, CURRENTTHOMPSONLIST.pdf, and CURRENTGREVELIST.pdf
- All specific versions will be archived under their appropriate names.